Our Wrongful Death Attorney Is Here To Guide You Through This Difficult Time
Wrongful death happens when a person is killed as the result of negligence or misconduct. While no one ever expects to lose a loved one in an accident, it can be worse when that accident could have been prevented with better care and attention. If you have experienced a personal tragedy caused by someone else’s negligence, let us help you seek justice. Our Houston wrongful death attorney can help you file a claim or a lawsuit against the responsible party.
Common Wrongful Death Situations
In most cases, a wrongful death case is pursued by the family members of the decedent. Common wrongful death situations include:
- Emergency room medical malpractice
- Anesthesia malpractice
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Work accidents, including construction accidents and oil and gas industry accidents
While money can’t make up for the death of your loved one, if you were dependent on their companionship, income, and emotional support, you can seek compensation for some of that loss.
The following types of damages are typically recoverable in a wrongful death suit:
- Pecuniary loss – the loss of care, maintenance, support, counsel, services, advice, and reasonable contributions of a financial value that a loved one would have received from the decedent had he or she lived
- Loss of companionship and society – the loss of the positive benefits that would have come from the love, comfort, companionship, and society of the decedent had he or she lived
- Mental anguish – the emotional pain, suffering, or torment experienced by the plaintiff because of the death of his or her loved one
- Loss of inheritance – the loss of the present value of the assets the deceased would have added to the estate and left at his or her natural death
According to the Texas Wrongful Death Act, a spouse, child or parent can bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party for the death of their loved one.
Let Us Help Alleviate Your Burdens
We understand this may be an extremely stressful and challenging time for you and your family. If you have questions about your case, you can discuss it with our experienced Houston wrongful death attorney at Patterson PC. Attorney Pete Patterson is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. That distinction has been earned by less than 5% of practicing attorneys. Let him discuss the specifics of your case and offer legal representation about how best to pursue compensation for your loss.
Contact Patterson PC Today
To schedule a meeting to discuss your breach of contract concerns, please call us in Houston at 713-804-9318 or complete our contact form. Patterson PC represents clients throughout the Houston area and all of Texas.